Saturday, January 24, 2009

Handmilled Valentine Soap

Well, here are some of the soaps I made with my handmilled soap base. I plan to make a Valentine gift set for an Etsy listing with these. They are scented with a blend of Lavender and Peppermint essential oils. I've been testing a bar that I unmolded too quickly. Part of the cupid remained in the mold due to my impatience, so I thought that would be a good bar for me to try out.

It is wonderful! Very sudsy and leaves a great moisturizing feel on my hands. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering. I'll have to use this EO blend again.

I also love how white the bar is. It seems so many of my soaps turn a medium to dark brown. That's because I am very partial to scents with vanilla in them. Vanilla, and some spicey scents, tend to turn soap brown. Doesn't affect the quality of the soap at all. So, it's very nice to see a white soap for a change.

I've been very busy making lots of soaps. I will be posting more in the next few hours and days to share my craft and art with you.

I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on the antibacterial soap post. I need to come back here and read. The heart shaped soaps are gorgeous. I need to read up on your handmilled soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog from the Hidden Brook Farm blog. These heart shaped soaps are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good post. Aside from being homemade, this is best gift to someone really special.

    ReplyDelete